GUIDELINES FOR LOADING/UNLOADING AND STORAGE
Pelemix's coir leaves our factories after passing our intense quality assurance system and is ready for immediate use.
Please observe the following simple rules to maintaining the coir’s quality, characteristics and expansion ratio for best results:
- If the usage is not immediate, avoid wetting pallets and unloading in heavy rains. In rainy weather please unload under some cover.
- Handle with care
- If you bought GB or OT make sure unloading does not tear the plastic.
- Be careful when unloading. Pallets can be high and very close to containers ceiling.
- Since pallets are high and heavy, unload/load with caution to avoid pallets from turning over or collapsing from lift fork.
- Store pallets where there is no risk for water penetrating the pallets and the coir at any point.
- Do NOT store the pallets in direct sunlight.
- Direct sun will reduce plastic resistance period over time.
- Prolonged exposure to direct sun may also reduce expansion ratio.
- Storing area should be dry and cool (best below 25o C).
- Avoid chemicals and pests (weeds and plant diseases) in storage area.
- It is best to plan your order so the coir's storage time will not exceed 6 months.
If any of the above is not clear OR not possible to adhere to please contact a Pelemix representative immediately for alternative solutions.
Responsibility for proper loading/unloading and storage shall be solely with the buyer.
Please note that Pelemix will not be able to guarantee the quality of the product if the above storage guidelines are not followed.
In any situation, Pelemix responsibility is limited up to the value of the goods.